Location: Lesvos, Greece
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (2 month probationary period)
Reports to: Country Director
Refugee 4 Refugees’ is looking for a passionate and experienced communications and fundraising professional to join our emergency relief operations in Greece. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the NGO sector managing external communications, fundraising campaigns and liaising with media to raise awareness about the context in which an organisation works and its ongoing projects. With full backing and commitment from the Board, and Senior Management Team, you will put in place and deliver on an integrated strategy for income growth and brand development.
The Communications and Fundraising Manager is responsible for R4R’s external and internal communications, managing our donor relations while ensuring successful fundraising strategies are enabling current and future operations. The working base for this position is Lesvos, with travel being required to other R4R operating locations (currently Lesvos, Samos and Athens).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- To be part of an enthusiastic team in an inspiring working environment.
- A flexible and human-centred working environment in a humanitarian organisation.
- Well balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
- For initial appointments, R4R offers a contract of maximum six months (including a one-month probationary period) with possibility of extension based on funds and performance.
- R4R staff are required to register in Greece for official employment. The organisation can support in this process, and only applicants entitled to work in Greece will be considered in the process.
- The position is based in Lesvos, Greece.
- R4R is committed to providing a fair compensation package that is justifiable to our donors. The gross salary range is between:
- € 1.000 to € 1.200, on the basis of 40 hours per week, weighted on qualification and relevant working experience.
- And an extra monthly benefit of € 200 for accommodation and Per diem.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you recognise yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply.
Please submit your Letter of Motivation & Curriculum Vitae in English (only applications with motivation letter will be included in the process) via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that applicants write the following subject title ‘Communications and Fundraising Manager Application’.
The closing date for applications is 26th November 2021 at 17:00 (EEST).
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted to proceed to the next phase in the application process. In the event an ideal candidate is found, R4R will close applications.