*VOLUNTEERING SUSPENDED, PLEASE READ MORE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE*
Our volunteers are an essential part of our work, without people like you coming and offering hands on support our project can not run at full capacity. We have opportunities for volunteers of all ages and skill sets who can offer as little as 2 weeks of their time.
There’s no better way to make an impact than to become an active advocate yourself, we are always in need of people who have specific skills such as with social media, fundraising and advocacy that can be put to use remotely to aid the work we do; so if you don’t have the time to come to Greece but still want to make an impact we want to hear from you too!
Essentials that you need to know before applying:
- We hold inductions on Mondays and Thursdays so we ask volunteers arrive the day before either of these days, if you cannot for any reason arrive on either of these set days please contact our volunteer coordinator who will be able to help you coordinate your trip. Volunteers cannot attend any of our activities until they have undergone the full induction.
- There is a minimum age requirement of 18 years old and no maximum age limit but please bare in mind the hours can be long and strenuous so we ask that you are physically able.
- Ideally, you hold a driving license that allows you to drive in Greece and are comfortable driving a manual car and people carrier/van, as this is extremely useful for our operations.
- You must be willing to work long hours, sometimes for days in a row. You may be called upon to work these hours at short notice, so you must be flexible to the NGO’s needs – the nature of both R4R and the refugee crisis as a whole dictates this, with emergency situations being a common occurrence.
- We require every volunteer to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks and to sign a code of conduct.
- Previous volunteering experience with refugees in Greece is an asset as well as knowledge of Greek, Arabic, Farsi, French, or Kurdish.
Due to travel restrictions and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, applications to volunteer with R4R on the Aegean Islands are currently suspended.
Core coordination teams remain in our operational locations to continue supporting camp populations, and we will review the situation on a weekly basis.